A Board meeting is a work process, so both the organizer and the participants need to prepare for it. In our consulting practice, various meetings happen quite regularly. Check how to master the skills to write a powerful Board Meeting Report in the article below.
The relevance of Board Meetings in the business market
As a rule, when problems arise in the development of an organization and business, the operational business turns its eyes to consulting companies or companies that specialize in staff training. In our market, there are indeed many companies that are profiled as consulting and training. And they work with business. Very often, the consumer, that is, the management or owners of companies, do not know how to use the results of the relevant services, which determines the relevance of the Board Meetings.
All issues submitted for consideration by the Board of Directors are preliminarily considered at a meeting of the Management Board. Issues falling within the competence of the committees (the Audit Committee and the Human Resources and Remuneration Committee) are preliminary considered by the said committees, which, in accordance with the Listing Rules, consist entirely of independent directors.
There are cases when you can do without a Board Meeting, or it will simply be ineffective:
- if the information can be communicated in writing or by e-mail;
- when the manager has already made a decision;
- in the absence of a real goal;
- when the event is seen as a way of shifting responsibility from a specific person to a team;
- if the level of training of employees is insufficient to effectively participate in joint decision-making.
How to write a powerful Board Meeting Report?
This Board Meeting preparation includes everything from the selection, training, and practical training of personnel to the use of new or existing instruments. In addition, there is a need to document policies, procedures, and practices, as well as the implementation of systems and reporting, hedging, and risk financing. So comment rédiger un procès verbal? Board Meeting Report allows you to provide support to existing customers, attract new business abroad and train employees, all with a laptop and internet connection.
Writing a powerful Board Meeting Report will help you:
- to promptly resolve issues that require joint group work;
- to eliminate conflicts between departments by developing a unified strategy and tactics in the implementation of the tasks;
- to collect information, ideas, and expert opinions on the issues under discussion;
- to increase the motivation and interest of subordinates in the implementation of the tasks set by involving them in the decision-making process.”
The results of the independent assessment can be reviewed at a meeting of the Board of Directors and contain positive dynamics in the work of the Board of Directors over the past few years, namely:
- improving the composition of the Board of Directors;
- improvements in the work procedures of the Board of Directors, including with regard to the coverage of topics discussed at the Board of Directors, the culture of discussion, the planning of its work, the frequency of in-person meetings, the procedure for submitting materials for meetings;
- more effective interaction of the Board of Directors with internal audit, deeper immersion of the Board of Directors into risk management and compliance issues.